Monday, November 18, 2013

Hit the Ground Running

No time for jetlag.... the schools were scheduled to close on Nov 22 but ended up closing early and I had students at my house on Friday!

I landed on Thursday night and then met with four of our university students on Friday in Nairobi before heading to the house. Arriving at the house was fun! It was great to see Mama Mwangi and the students who I hadn't seen in two months. Then when I walked in the kitchen to see what we had to eat, I had unfortunately forgotten our cupboard here is not loaded with food like back home in America... but there were some leftover beans and corn which were waiting for me :) Yep, I'm back!

On Sunday I went to St. Gerald to see how things have been going there. They replaced the Director while I was gone and I was extremely happy to find the new Director is a Brother who is very capable of improving the school and will be great with the kids! That is a significant relief!!

Today is Monday and I'm already at the dentist with 2 of our boys- with 5 fillings and 1 pulled tooth for a total of $190. Thank you everyone who bought bracelets, your money is already being put to use! It is because of each of you that we are able to get these kids taken care of! Also, we do still have more bracelets for sale, just email me at kenyaamini@gmail.com to purchase.

Next up is shopping- need to stock up on food, cleaning supplies and chicken food. Back to carrying everything and trying to get it all on the matatu and then carrying it to the house. Not in America any longer, lots of natural exercise here!

No comments:

Post a Comment