Tuesday, August 6, 2013

"Living in the Clouds"


Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live in the clouds? Well, I have been experiencing it for the last few weeks. Despite living right on the equator, it is about 52 degrees, foggy, wet and windy :( This time of year is our winter. Yesterday, I was sitting in my living room drinking my fourth cup of hot chocolate and could see my breath! We are truly living in the clouds!

Because of the weather we are experiencing, the kids will be spending most of their time here indoors. They will be arriving at our house today!! This time we will have about 15 kids for approximately five weeks. So, if anyone has any ideas of indoor games or activities for children please pass them along. I would really appreciate it; Momma Mwungi and I are going to need to keep these kids busy during their stay. 


Our house on a foggy day.
This is how muddy it is from all of the rain!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have uno cards? Tj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all need to learn to sew some quilts so you can stay warm. I'm sure you can find instructions on the internet. You could do them by themes. Handprints, animals, etc.

    ReplyDelete