Saturday, August 17, 2013

Girls, Girls, Girls

We have had the St. Gerald girls at the house for nearly the last two weeks and what a difference the girls are from the boys - girls are complex!!! We have 5th-8th grade and high school girls. I had forgotten what life is like during those ages.... bickering, attitudes, not talking to each other - oh it's fun...ha! The weather has been rainy most of the time so we get to spend the days together inside....

But when they are being pleasant we have had some good times. I introduced them to Mac and Cheese which came with mixed reviews. About half said they liked it and the ones who didn't had some very strong opinions about it! One of the girls told me that it tasted like yogurt. I keep teasing them that we are going to have it for lunch every day since I've had to eat their githeri (red beans and corn) every day. Everyone liked American pancakes and most everyone liked the SlimJims. I haven't yet shared my Twix and York's (thanks Anne H.!) as I'm quite selfish about those!

The small boys are with us and are a bundle of joy and energy. Ian our youngest (in an earlier post I talked about how he said he wants to be a mazungu [white person] when he grows up) asked one of the girls whose skin is a light brown what she eats to make her skin look like a mazungu!

We switch mid week, the girls go back to St. G and the boys come - hopefully life gets a little easier :)



Lunch outside when the sun finally came out!

Enjoying pancakes

First time to ever do a puzzle, thank you Boeing friends!

We have beds!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment