Monday, May 27, 2013

Unsuccessful Baking Experience


Yep, that's the hole that burned right through the pan.
I tried baking a cake and ended up with a hole burned right through my brand new pan/sufaria and a burnt cake:(  I've never really been known for my cooking/baking skills but seriously??

To bake here we take two large pans, place one upsidedown on top of the other. This creates the "oven". Then inside you put a couple of rocks on the bottom and put the pan with the cake batter on top of the small rocks. Place the "oven" on the gas burner and bake for about 30-40 minutes and you supposed to have a nice cake.

While the cake was baking I looked inside the "oven" to check it and saw a flame in there. I couldn't figure out what was causing it. Then realized there was a hole! I went back to the shop where I had bought it and told them about it, they said "you shouldn't cook with such a hot flame". Really, it's a pan! Anyway, they ended up giving me a new pan but I'm going to have to buy better quality pans that are thicker. Can't be wasting good cakes!

2 comments:

  1. How frustrating! I'm sure Martha Stewart would have burned a hole too! Maybe you need to put water in the bottom pan with the rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! Sheila this happened to me sometimes back (wasn't baking a cake :)) if you check the pan it should have a sticker "made in china" ..

    ReplyDelete