Monday, May 13, 2013

Keep Going

Today was a tough day.  We have been having issues with students getting back to school after break, more needs for the house, kids without basic necessities, my power source that I just got to charge my phone and computer broke, I walked 4 miles home carrying 20 pounds of supplies..... With so many challenges, difficulties and needs I was doubting if being here is the right thing. The mountain of obstacles can be overwhelming and I was feeling defeated before even beginning.  But then I received the kindest message (see below) from one of our students. I believe it is God's way of saying, "keep going, you are on track".

"i wonder what a price i can offer 2 u more than prayers and thanks in this mothers day since u took all responsibility that my mum wud do, may she R.I.P and i say 2 her that i have a mum who catered 4 me with a great love. Sheila i will keep to pray 4 u in all the days of my life. If it were not 4 u, i would be somebody else than i am 2day."

6 comments:

  1. The tough times will only make you stronger..If it was easy everyone would do it. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God knows that what u r doing Sheila is out of love and i would say that u`ve been blessed with a big and warm heart to reach out and help many children and also inspire them,not forgetting that am part of the list.may God keep u happy forever.thanx so much....feel appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great affirmation that you are doing the work you are meant to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie KristopeitMay 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM

    Beautiful message!! And, my prayers are coming to you for strength, and easier times ahead. Helping others isn't always easy, but it's ALWAYS worth it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day Sheila! It must be so wonderful to know that you are raising so many wonderful children that need a Mom! Congratulations on all you have accomplished and keep up your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful gift of thanks!

    ReplyDelete