Tuesday, May 14, 2013

St. G Kids

When I'm not going to town to get supplies for the house I am at St. G visiting with the kids. We spend time talking, playing, braiding hair, washing clothes and practicing math and English. The kids are full of energy and fun to be with.

People who knew me during my Peace Corps service know that one little guy stole my heart, Karanja. He came to St. G in late 2005 at age 4. He couldn't walk, talk or chew but this kid was full of love and smiles (he is in my profile pic with the big smile). Karanja is now about 11 (many of our kids don't know their actual birth date) and so healthy. Look how tall he is!
  Karanja in 2005
Karanja now- He's getting so tall!



Our youngest, Ian, 5 yrs old and full of energy!
Karanja washing his clothes. I try to help but he is much better at it than I am. I get the water and hang them on the line, he does the washing.




1 comment:

  1. Troy asked, "Why doesn't Karanja use the washing machine?". I said that they do not have one and then he wanted to know why they don't buy one. Told him that they do not have the money (easiest answer for a five year old). Looking surprised, he said, "It is a good thing that we have one".

    ReplyDelete